We seek to help you with air quality, stream pollution, and solid waste concerns and questions. Our goal is to protect your health and well-being.

Please use the form below and we will contact you with answers, help, or information. If you prefer, call us at 703-2440 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday and we will assist you.

Although we would like to help, some problems are not appropriate for us to handle. If you do not see your concern on our on-line form, page down for a list of other agencies that may assist you with your concern or call us, and we will help direct you to the proper agency.

If you want to be contacted regarding this message, please remember to give us either your email address or phone number.

Required fields *

Below are some of the more common problems reported to our office that may best be handled by other agencies with regulatory responsibility.

Concern Agency to Contact
Automobiles – more than one
unregistered vehicle on a property
W-S/FC Inspections – Zoning Division -
CityLink – (336)727-8000
Dead Animal Removal Department of Transportation (within 10 feet of roads in the County) -
(336) 896-2350
Roads within W-S – CityLink –
Erosion Problems from New Construction
and post-construction
Forsyth County (other than Kernersville) – W-S Stormwater\Erosion Control - (336)747-7480

Kernersville – NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources - (336)771-5000
Housing and Lot Conditions
inside Winston-Salem City Limits
W-S Community Services and Business Development Department CityLink - (336)727-8000
Mosquito Control Public Health – Submit a Request or Complaint or call (336)703-3225
Roadside Dumping and/or
Illegal Dumping inside Winston-Salem
Call TRASH BUSTERS - (336)734-1268
Runoff from Streets\Roads Winston-Salem – CityLink - (336)727-8000

Kernersville – (336)996-6916

Roads in the County – NCDOT - (336)896-2350
Septic Tank Systems Public Health – Submit a Request or Complaint or call (336)703-3225. If it is flowing into a stream, call Public Health AND call NCDEQ Surface Water Section at 336-776-9800
Underground Storage Tanks North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality - (336)776-9800
Water Quality – Drinking water Public Water Supply Questions – W-S City\County Utilities – (336)946-2524 or (336)945-1179

Well Water – Public Health – (336)703-3225

County Services

NC 211
Tax bill paid?  Look it up online.